Thursday, December 31, 2009

ARTIST THIS MORNING-My new book


This is Pooky that I created about a month ago, and I wrote a children book manuscript and now in search of an agent so that I can get this book published. Pooky is a little girl from Detroit that moved to Ann Arbor and she is in the 4th grade.

I think I am going to illustrate this book by hand drawing and coloring instead of by computer! I am excited about Pooky and what she represents. She represents children from all inner city slums that are overlooked! I want to tell a story of what it was like to live in the slums especially from a African American point of view and the lifestyle that these children live in but in an innocent perspective!

I hope this will be a fun book for all children to enjoy and get to know Pooky and where she is from. I especially hope this will inspire children in inner city environments. They will get to know how change in environments sometime forces a person to change and how being different has to be accepted.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I think your idea for a children's illustrated book is wonderful. Your illustrations sort of remind of the work of Ray Billingsley, creator of the comic strip "Curtis."

    Your line is strong and your color is richly saturated. I like the fact that you've decided to hand draw the illustrations. I too, am working on a children's book, the Elephant Ball, and my illustrations are also going to be hand drawn and painted.

    I hope that 2010 brings you all the success you endeavor to achieve, getting an agent to represent you and the publication of your book.

    Happy New Year to you and thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete